Thursday, March 21, 2013

Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead Day - 2


Wednesday March 20, 2013 Day-2

I woke up this morning feeling a bit tired, my back still aching I am a bit worried that when I finish the prednisone I am going to have a very bad back day. Saturday I was crawling around the house on my hands and knees because my back was out so completely that I couldn’t stand up for more than a few seconds without being in excruciating pain.

Morning juice: I have decided to make a large batch of this so that I can take half to work with me I doubled the recipe from yesterday

8 Carrots

4 Oranges

2 lemon

2 apple

This only made about 24 oz of juice, so I decided to take about 8 oz of this and 8 oz of what was left over from last night’s dinner and mix it together and see if I could stomach the mixture. Well the taste was not overpowered with cucumber juice like last night’s drink seemed to be, it was still pretty bad. I followed it up with another 4 oz straight from my breakfast mix to clear my palate. I am taking the remaining 12 oz of the breakfast mix to work for lunch today.

After arriving at work I see we are having lunch brought in for some type of function today. This will be quite a test for me because everyone will be bringing in deserts and all kinds of food will be here. I have my drink mixture for lunch and I also brought in an apple and an orange for snacks to put some fiber in my belly. We will see how this goes, but my willpower is still pretty strong and I feel pretty full this morning so I am hoping I don’t break down and have any bad food throughout the day.

Lunchtime

Well we had our yearly department meeting and the company brought in pizza for everyone to eat, I must say that it smells fantastic and it is really bothering me, pizza is one of my favorite foods, once I am done with the reboot, I must find a decent low sodium recipe for a personal pizza. It is not just the salt in the sauce of the pizza, Pizza is a quadruple threat, there is sodium in the crust, there is sodium in the sauce, there is sodium in the cheese, and if you put any pepperoni or sausage or processed meat on it there is lots of sodium in those as well.

So while everyone was in the lunch room feasting on the pizza and deserts, I stayed at my desk and drank my juice and ate an apple.  I feel a bit depressed that I couldn’t have any pizza, but I probably will also not have to make another expensive trip to the hospital for 4 days either.

I have found a new recipe for a v8 type of juice that I will make for dinner tonight. I like v8, but it has so much sodium in it so I am hoping that the taste is similar without the salt. The recipe is as follows

2 carrots

1/2 of a medium-sized beet

1/2 nub ginger

1 green apple

1 lemon (peeled)

2  stalks celery

1 handful parsley

1 tomato

I think that V8 also has some spinach and watercress in it, I will experiment with this tonight.

Well I also added 3 small peppers unseeded, a radish, and a shallot. (Pro-Tip for you beginning juicers like me, don’t ever juice an onion like vegitable, its like setting off a pepper spray bomb in the kitchen.)

I could only put down about 6-8 oz of this juice, it set my stomach on fire, I thought for sure that It would come back up. But then after about a half hour I got this huge energy rush and did about an hour on the bicycle while watching the health movie.

Tonight’s Health Movie : Forks over Knives – was supposed to be last night but the hobbit was released last night and I just had to watch that again. This was a very good movie, I will probably be adopting this diet when I am done with the 10 day reboot. This went into a lot about eating whole plant based foods in lowering your risk for coronary events and cancers. I would highly recommend this movie to anyone with similar issues to mine, I will be locating some recipe books for this lifestyle of healthy eating that can reverse adverse coronary artery disease, and help me get off all these medications I am now taking. That is the number one goal.

After the movie I was hungry again, the cycling kicked up my appetite, I made a nice juice out of

1 sweet potato pealed

1 peach pitted

1 apple

1 lemon

½ tsp of cinimon stirred into the drink.

This was a moderately thick drink, but it was delicious, I will be drinking more of these. I went to bed at 9 PM but was restless until about 11 PM as I was still charged up and full of energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment