Friday, March 22, 2013

Fat Sick and Nearly Dead - Day 3


Thursday March 21, 2013 Day-3

I woke up this morning pretty tired and worn out, I made my way to the shower, all the excess energy from last night was completely gone. I got dressed and made my normal breakfast concoction did the morning routine took all of my pills packed an orange and a peach for lunch as well as a quarter cup of unsalted almonds. I decided not to experiment on a lunch juice today and since I only had 1 lemon left that went into the breakfast drink I decided to pick up a Naked Green Machine at the grocery on my way to work for lunch. Today is supposed to be the day where I am groggy and tired as my body begins to adjust to this new regime, so it is right on schedule, I plan on queuing up some good upbeat music on the i-phone and getting some programming done so…

Lunchtime:

I had my Naked Green Machine Juice and a quarter cup of unsalted almonds, One of the nurses here brought me a cupcake for lunch and I graciously thanked her and told her that I couldn’t eat it as I was on a restrictive diet because of my health. It looked really good though, Speaking of health it is just amazing how much better I feel, even before the juice fast I had switched to mostly salads, with a animal protein, and low sodium and had given up processed foods, caffeine, and dairy. I find that my mind is becoming much more clear and I am able to think and work better, I feel like I was walking around in a fog for the past couple years. This fog had become my normal, I was having issues remembering details from day to day, debugging code was excruciatingly difficult, if I was interrupted I completely lost my train of thought and had to start over.  I feel that I am on the right track, and better health is awaiting me along this journey.

They also moved our desks over to a section of the building where I have a view out of the window and I can’t tell you how much better I feel sitting over here writing code getting some natural sunlight instead of all those fluorescent bulbs putting out that horrible office light. Paid my bills today, lots of Dr. bills from the last few months, seeing if I have enough left over to start looking at a new bicycle.

Dinner:

I had a very fruity juice for dinner tonight it consisted of

¾ of a Canteloup

1 Mango

1 Red delicious Apple

This made about 20 oz of juice and was really fantastic, I also ate a few almonds and a Wrap of fresh spinach as I was feeling like I had not been getting enough vegitables. I watched another movie about food, and eating a whole raw diet was beneficial over processed food. I am going to have to look for some cookbooks for whole and raw foods this weekend, Last weekend before I had started this diet I had bought a couple of cookbooks for the Paleo diet, but I think that may be going in completely the wrong direction for me, I want to eat less meat and more whole green foods. I went to bed about 9:30 and slept well.

No comments:

Post a Comment