Monday, March 25, 2013

Fat Sick and Nearly Dead day 4-7


Friday March 22nd – Day 4

I woke up well rested from yesterday, I feel pretty good I have noticed that my hands are no longer hurting from the inflammation I usually have. I have lost quite a bit of water over the last few days and I feel really good, I weighed in at 290.3 so I am down about 5 lbs for the week, I assume that this was mostly water weight as the last couple of days I was getting a lot of water out of my system.

My brother criticized me last evening for drinking too many fruits and not enough vegetables so I manned up this morning and made a juice of mostly vegetables.

½ bag of raw Spinach

4 Kale Leaves

1 Large handful of parsley

15 cherry Tomatoes

4 carrots

2 celery stalks

2 Red Delicious apples

1 Lemon

This all tasted pretty good, there wasn’t anything in this that was too awful, I will do this recipe again more often to get my veggies in.

 

Lunch:

I went with a new store bought product for lunch today, it is Bolthouse farms Green Goodness, I am sure that these products are probably not as good as fresh, but they save me a juicer cleanup in the morning that I would have to do twice, If I were making 2 different Juices. I also had a quarter cup of almonds and a red delicious apple.

Dinner:

I decided to eat some solid food for dinner, so I have officially moved away from eating nothing except juice for the 10 days, I would prefer to keep things moving through my digestive system, after looking at the forks over knives lifestyle, I am going to be adopting a more green approach to food. For dinner this evening I had Miso soup, a seeweed salad, and some vegetarian rolls at the local sushi restaurant.

Saturday March 23rd, -- Day 5

Breakfast:

2 carrots

2 celery stalks

½ bunch of spinach

4 Kale Leaves

½ bunch Parsely

2 red delicious apples

1 lemon

This is going to be my goto juice for breakfast, it mixes the greens in whith the fruit and it all goes down pretty well.

Lunch:

Same as Breakfast, except I added about 4 inch piece of cucumber, After lunch I was overcome with energy like I have not seen in the last year. I cleaned my kitchen spotless, did 4 loads of laundry folded and ironed all of my cloths, went through the medicine cabinet and threw away all of the expired medicine, ran the vacuum throughout the house, and swept the hardwood floors.

 

This took me about 4 hours and by the time I was done I had a nice dinner salad of spinach and tomatoes and onions and avocado with some balsamic dressing, and a piece of corn on the cob.

I went to bed thinking that I had had one of the best days that I can remember over the last couple of years.

Sunday March 24th, - Day 6

Had the standard breakfast drink and went about the day working on the computer, got in a little pew pew with RVB. I totally missed lunch on Sunday, I went to the grocery store and stocked up on the supplies that I had run out of. I had to go to 2 different stores because the first store had a horrible selection in the produce department, it looked like their spinach had been cut with a lawnmower and then trampled by a football team. The second store had plenty of spinach and parsely and I got a deal on some strawberries.

For dinner I made the sweet potato and peach juice, and I had a vegetarian roll I picked up at the grocery as well as some fresh strawberries. For a late snack I deviated from the plan and had some ice cream, which did not treat me well, I went to bed with a smashing headache. I had been making a Sunday night routine was to go to greaters and get an ice cream, well that ritual is now finished as I sit here on Monday morning still with a smashing headache I can see that removing dairy from the diet was a good idea.

 

Monday March 25th – Day 7

Standard breakfast juice this morning, I have a really bad headache and didn’t sleep well. I have to say it’s my own fault, these things have to be learned I guess. I felt fantastic on Saturday I feel pretty shitty this morning. I am not giving up though Weigh-in this morning 292. So that’s down 4 lbs from last week. I am pretty much going to keep living like this for the next few months, adding in exercise as I can and juicing breakfast and lunch keeping a blog about how things are going. I am sure I am going to make more mistakes but its all a struggle and I am not giving up.

No comments:

Post a Comment